The Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) is a global business network of 9,500+ business owners in 131 chapters and 40 countries. Founded in 1987 by a group of young entrepreneurs, EO enables small and large business owners to learn from each other, leading to greater business success and an enriched personal life. Our vision is to build the world’s most influential entrepreneur community, which aligns with our mission of supporting entrepreneurial education and engaging entrepreneurs to learn and grow.
As a global business owner network and association, we help transform the lives of the entrepreneurs who transform the world. We educate, we transform, we inspire and we offer invaluable resources in the form of events, leadership-development programs, an online entrepreneur forum, and business owner education opportunities, among other resources designed for business growth.
The Entrepreneurs’ Organization also operates the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA), the premier award program for undergraduate students that own and run businesses while attending a college or university; and Accelerator, a series of quarterly, high-impact learning events designed to provide top business owners with the tools, knowledge and skills they need to grow their businesses to more than US$1 million in annual revenue.
To build the world’s most influential community of entrepreneurs.
Engage leading entrepreneurs to learn and grow.
EO is creative, energetic, extroverted, sincere, fun-loving, inspired and – at times – explosively life-loving.
Our Core Values
Bet on your own abilities
• Vision orientation
• Belief that dreams can come true
• Taking risks
• Believing in, and jumping on, synergistic opportunities
Thirst for Learning
Be a student of opportunity
• Finding lessons in every experience
• Accelerated personal growth
Make a Mark
Leave a legacy
• Being in service to others
• Changing the world
• Determination and hard work
• Having an impact
Trust and Respect
Build a safe haven for learning and growth
• Respect for every person
• Being there for others
• ROI gained from building relationships
Create, seek out and celebrate once-in-a-lifetime experiences
• Big lifetime experiences
• Blazing your own trail
Our Qualifying Criteria
Membership in the Entrepreneurs’ Organization is by invitation only.
To qualify, you must:
• Be the founder, co-founder, owner or controlling shareholder of a company
• Hold one of the above titles for a company that grosses more than US$1 million annually
• For venture-backed companies to qualify for membership they must have privately raised funds of US$2M or publically raised funds of US$5M, and 10 full-time employees. Venture backed companies have three years before they must meet the standard qualification of US$1M in gross annual revenue.
• Prospective members must first apply to their local chapter to ensure they meet the Entrepreneurs’ Organization membership criteria.
• Your chapter will then contact you for an interview and make a decision on your application.
• If accepted, you will gain access to Forum training and meetings, chapter and Global events, and a wide variety of other exclusive benefits. Within your first three months, you will also receive an orientation which will include a welcome package and introductory calls from Global staff.
• During your first few months of joining, you will go through Forum training and be placed in a Forum group.