It was awesome to host the annual Changeover Dinner on July 20. We had 60% of the membership + partners attend. It was a fabulous night that extended to the unofficial ‘after party’ at the Emporium hotel.
The Changeover Dinner is a function that celebrates the year that was and announces the year ahead. We pass the baton from one board to the next and acknowledge outgoing and incoming board members. We had 2 of our strategic alliance partners (PWC and Publicity Depot now P4) attend as well as the EO Victorian President, Gary Rose & his wife Christine and the EO South Pacific Area Director, David Barnes and his wife Raylea.
The theme of the event was Carnivale’ and many members elected to get frocked up for the occasion. What an amazing display of colour!
The highlight of the evening is always the awards ceremony where we celebrate amazing EOers and their contribution to EO Brisbane. And the winners were….
- Forum ‘Most Referrals’ Award – E+ forum with 15 referrals – accepted by Mark Bowater
- Forum ‘Most Converted Referrals’ Award – Panthers Forum with 6 out of 8 referrals becoming members – accepted by Jon Mailer
- ‘Boldly Go’ value award – Aaron Zamykal – accepted by himself
- ‘Thirst for Learning’ value award – Sean Rice accepted on Sean’s behalf by Richard Eastes
- ‘Make a Mark’ value award – Jason Rechenberg – accepted by himself
- ‘Trust and Respect’ value award – Mark Bowater – accepted by himself
- ‘Cool’ value award – Chika Sakane – accepted on Chika’s behalf by Don McColl
- ‘EOer of the year’ – Mike O’Hagan – accepted on Mike’s behalf by Jason Rechenberg
Every award winner is dedicated to EO and very passionate. Congratulations to all.
At the 2014 Changeover event we’ll be announcing the newly created ‘RockStar Forum’ award + associated prize money. This will be a fiercely contested award I am sure. Make sure you don’t miss it.
All the best,
EO Brisbane President 13/14